“It has long been known that ongoing conflict between parents, whether they live together or are separated, has an extremely negative impact on the current and future mental health of their children”, says Registered Psychologist, Marika Conomos, from Anxiety Solutions CBT Psychology Practice.
An enormous amount of research has been conducted to investigate the specific areas of children’s lives which are profoundly affected by such ongoing parental conflict. These blog series will specifically address the effects that ongoing parental conflict has on:
1. Modelling behaviour for children
2. Children’s feelings of safety
3. The parent-child relationship
4. Mental health and attachment
5. The child’s behaviour
6. Social relationships
7. Academic performance and cognition
8. Future romantic relationships.