Being a parent is difficult no matter the age of your child. Each stage brings with it all sorts of challenges.
Parenting young children often leads to:
- disagreements between parents/carers/grandparents about the appropriate parenting style to use
- challenges with behaviour difficulties in children
- difficulty obtaining a child’s cooperation
- changes in parent’s relationship
- poor sleep habits
- exhaustion when juggling a million different roles and activities
She also has developed and run parenting course for parents of this age group in Sydney. If you live in Sydney and are interested in finding out more click here or call 02 9328 5899.
Parenting adolescents is another whole ball game. Common issues include:
- oppositional behaviour
- refusal to comply with parent’s wishes
- poor academic performance
- experimentation with drug, alcohol and sex
Renee Mill has developed and run a course for parents of adolescents.
Parenting adult children is not spoken about enough but it too brings a heap of unique challenges
- Learning to let go and treat your children like adults
- Putting up boundaries so that your adult children do not exhaust you with too many demands
- Behaving with mutual respect and encouraging autonomy
- Accepting the way the grandchildren are parented
- Filling the empty nest
Renee Mill has helped many parents and grandparents learn to cope with being a parent of an adult child. In the safety of her office, you can explore your difficulties and find suitable, helpful strategies that will assist moving forward. Sometimes strategies will not be enough and you may need a few sessions to grow and let go of your previous role.
For more information about our courses or if you are interested in booking a session, call Lisa on 02 9328 5899 or email us here.